BGS’s Career Focus Wage Subsidy initiative works to connect post-secondary &/or highly skilled youth with Alberta employers who are hiring for full-time positions in high demand, career-related positions.
The objective of Career Focus is to help youth acquire employment skills and support their transition into today’s rapidly changing labour market.
Career Focus Employers may be eligible to receive a Wage Subsidy for up to 26 weeks to support the initial training that new hires often require.
BGS’s Career Focus initiative is available throughout our service locations in Edmonton, Red Deer, & Northern Alberta.
To participate in Career Focus, youth must be:
- between the ages of 18 and 30 (inclusive) at the time of intake/selection;
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or persons who have been granted refugee status in Canada
- legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations
- not in receipt of Employment Insurance (EI) benefits
Note: Preference will be given to youth who have post-secondary education or training
Benefits for youth who participate in Career Focus:
- Guidance on developing the job search & employability skills required to succeed in securing work placements that could lead to permanent employment positions
- Access to a network of employers who may have available career related positions
- Receive real-world career related work experience that will support your transition from education/ training to a Career
- Ongoing Coaching support from our Career Focus staff
Career Focus Employers will:
- Have a full-time position of at least 30 hours/week
- Provide youth with career-related Work Experience
- Agree to continue to employ the youth at the end of the wage subsidy, if appropriate
Benefits for Employers who participate in Career Focus:
- Receive a Wage Subsidy to offset training costs associated with hiring youth who have relevant education/ training but limited work experience
- Access to a pool of pre-screened youth who have completed higher education/ further training and are eager to begin working in their career field
- Ongoing support from our Career Focus staff
For more information or to participate in Career Focus, Contact BGS at 780.425.6655 or email@example.com
This Project is funded by the Government of Canada’s
Youth Employment Strategy